My name is Elise Patellaro. Fourteen years ago i was born in San Jose, California. But before i was born, my mother decided that she couldn’t take care of me so she put me up for adoption. A wonderful lady named Kathy Patellaro and her husband Gary Patellaro picked me up from the hostpital when i was two days old. I now live with my parents, older sister, and pets.

I haven’t had much experience with growing plants and I have a hard time trying to keep plants alive now. When my brother lived with us a few years ago he made a garden in our backyard. He built planter boxes in a gated area along with a chicken coop and 8 chickens. He very much enjoyed growing food and teaching me a little bit about it. He grew tomatoes, corn, peppers and even watermelon. Every Sunday my family goes to my oldest sister’s  house for dinner and she would always have fresh fruits and vegetables to cook with. Our brother making a garden has inspired her to grow her own tomatoes too.. I enjoy helping my sister in the kitchen whether it be cooking dinners we’ve had time and time and again or trying a new recipe. My favorite thing that my family cooks together is lasagna made from scratch with her homegrown tomatoes.

Comments